My Work History...
Internal Revenue Service IRS – U.S. Department of the Treasury
12/17 – present | Ogden, Utah 84401
- Information Technology Specialist,
SharePoint Collection Administrator SCA
I am currently the SCA for the Infrastructure Services Division within EOPs reporting to the DMO. I design, maintain, customize, and manage site security for the division SharePoint collection setting permissions, policies and developing better automation with Nintex workflows, User Interface Design (UI), and User Experience Design(UX). I support business analysis and reporting for the division projects. I manage user permission groups and run security reports for collection certification.
Using custom CSS I have rebranded the ISD site improving navigation and accessibility for the site content.
I designed and launched an online blog to replace and automate the division newsletter saving the division over 50 hours per month in labor. This also decreased the network traffic by emailing only links and not PDF documents. I implemented an editorial group to manage content for the division with a representative from each branch providing scheduled content for the news blog. To complete this project I provided a best practices guide, conducted limited user testing, and drafted an SOP for future site management.
- Learning & Education Subject Matter Expert SME /
CAF/POA Tax Examining Technician TE
- Computer-Based Training CBT Specialist
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME)/CBT Developer within Technology Development Office (TDO), Learning & Education (L&E) division, I translated training content from storyboards into online training courses to be delivered through the IRS’s online Learning Management Content System (LCMS) “WebBook”, an in house developed asp.net based web application, and Enterprise Learning Management System (ELMS) system. Utilizing Sharepoint project management workflows for managing multiple Instructional Design (ID) projects, timelines, and other training-related deliverables with the highest quality, error-free, training products on budget and deadline.
- CAF/POA Tax Examining Technician TE
Ubangi Ink Design Studio –
Freelance Brand Management & Web Consulting
12/94 – present | 465 East 3650 North, North Ogden, Utah 84414
Owner, Principal Creative, Web Consultant & Frontend Web Developer
Ubangi Ink Design Studios is a full-service freelance brand management agency providing outstanding business communication support in the following areas:
- Graphic Design / Brand Management & Strategic Consulting
- Web Design, Web Development & Web Consulting
- Print / Publication Development / Media Purchasing
I specialize in content management system (CMS) website development, consulting, customization and training. Utilizing HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL along with other programming languages in the creation and development of websites for my clients. I extensively use programs such as Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver in the process of designing creative projects.
Brock Porter Fine Art Photography & Archival Print Making
03/06 – present | 465 East 3650 North, North Ogden, Utah 84414
I provide Fine Art Photography, Corporate Photography, Real Estate Photography, Custom Portrait Photography and Event Photography using the latest DSLR Camera Technology and lighting equipment to my clients. I also provide video production and video editing.
Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College – OWATC
05/99 – 11/07 | 200 North Washington Blvd. Ogden, Utah 84404
Visual Communications Coordinator, Webmaster
As the Visual Communications Coordinator / Webmaster for the college, I managed all marketing communications needs for over 60 college programs organized into five schools. My team consisted of two-six full and part-time employees. I collaborated with internal project teams / resources, external contract resources, and senior-level students seeking on the job training in the visual design, and web programming fields. I worked in tandem with a Marketing / Public Relations Team under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services. Our overall department mission was student recruitment and retention while maintaining academic excellence within the community. I participated in the transition of the OWATC from the status of a vocational training facility to a fully accredited two-year college. Moving from the technical / vocational educational environment to the Higher Education (Board of Regents,) becoming the largest campus in the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT) system and statistically the largest college in the State of Utah. My responsibilities included:
- Website Development, Maintenance & Training
- Brand Management / Brand Planning / Mascot Management
- Marketing Materials Fulfillment / Digital Asset Management
- Annual Academic Catalog / Course Offerings / College Viewbook
- College & Foundation Annual Report Design / Production / Delivery
- Brochure Design / Production / Delivery
- Direct Mail Campaign Design / Production / Delivery
- Advertising Campaign DesignOutdoor – Indoor Signage / Electronic Marquee / Touch Screen Kiosk
- Event Management Planning & Support
- Campus Photography
- Media Purchasing / State Contract Negotiation
- State Budget Management & Reporting
- Focus Group Market Research / Usability Testing
- Campaign ROI Tracking & Reporting
- Editorial Staff Development & Training / College Brand Style Guide
Weber State University – WSU
09/88 – 05/99 | 3750 Harrison Blvd., So. Ogden, Utah 84408
While attending WSU I worked as a student in many departments and on multiple projects in the process of gaining my degree. Here is a list the following positions and projects I worked on.
- 03/98-05/99, Dept. of Physics, Graphic Artist
- 11/98-02/99, The Dept. of Communication, Designer
- 09/98-12/98, The Dept. of Visual Arts, Graphic Artist
- 03/98-05/98, The College of Arts & Humanities, Web Designer/Trainer
- 03/98, Metaphor, Publication Designer, Cover Artist
- 06/96-05/97, The Signpost, Design Editor
- 09/88-06/89, The Signpost, Asst. Production Manager, Asst. Photo Editor
Ogden Publishing Corporation – The Standard-Examiner
03/92 – 06/95 | 455 23rd St, Ogden, Utah 84401
Ad Compositor, Composing Artist, Editorial Graphics Artist
Meridian Publishing Inc.
08/91 – 02/92 | 1720 Washington Blvd., Ogden, Utah 84404
Stained Glass Overlay of Northern Utah - S.G.O.
10/90 – 8/91 | 2335 Washington Blvd., Ogden, Utah 84401
Production Manager – Stain Glass Designer
Rich Jones Screen Printing & Sign
03/89 – 06/93 | 301 28th St., Ogden, Utah 84401
Sign Shop Production Manager, Separation Artist, Screen Printer
Art Ltd./ Advertising Mall/SignRunner Inc.
03/89 to 06/90 | 2023 Wall Ave., Ogden, Utah 84401
Production Manager, Graphic Artist, Sign Installation
The Signpost/ Weber State College
09/88 – 06/89 | 3750 Harrison Blvd., So. Ogden, Utah 84408
Asst. Production Manager, Asst. Photo Editor
03/85 – 10/86 | 2755 Washington Blvd., Ogden, Utah 84401
Assistant Production Manager, Advertising Artist, Layout Artist
11/84 – 03/85 | 221 21st St., Ogden, Utah 84401
Graphic Artist, Mechanical Separation Artist
Junction City News
02/84 – 03/85 | 110 25th St., Ogden, Utah 84401
Layout Artist, Staff Photographer, Graphic Artist